12 November 2007

Not Just Another Day

I'm sitting here in Bible Overview, and I'd like to not be here, but I am so I thought I'd post this while I was listening to Joel.

Today was really good. Nicole and I went shopping for a dress for a wedding that she's in, so we had some good fun at the Galleria doing that. We found a good deal too, which is encouraging. It was good to be with a friend when those times are few and far between.

Life right now is really good. I had a sweet time with the Lord this morning too, so that is really good. The few quiet times I've done have been dry recently, and this one was really encouraging. I read in Matthew 16:24-25 "Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." I am really beginning to realize that faith requires so much more than I ever thought. Harder but better I think.

I have had a lot to do today, so its been a full day. My Mondays are usually the days that I am trying to remember that the day began the same day. I look forward to my bed on Monday nights. We're doing a Thankgiving dinner tonight with Women's Ministry, which is pretty exciting. I just got my apple pie out of the oven a bit ago, and I'll tell you that I am looking forward to eating with those girls. I don't always get time to do that, so it is refreshing.

School is good; I'm ready to get the month off for the semester. But Thanksgiving is coming; there is hope for the future. I am ready for this semester to be over. Its been a really long semester, which makes it hard to stay focused. I'm ready for new classes. I think I'm taking 4 classes next semester, which will be a nice break, but I am interning at Crosspoint. I'm ready to start that! I have Disciplines of the Christian Life, Theology 2, Intro to Church Ed, my Practium, and hopefully Comparative Philosophies of YM independantly. I am pretty pumped about a new semester, and just having new classes will be nice, and I won't be here a whole lot, so that is nice too.

WhoSoEver is going pretty good; its always busy, but life is well. Worth Dying For is going to be there tomorrow, so that is exciting too. Lives are being changed, and that is what matters.


I've got more to do before I go to bed, but its early yet. I'm pretty pumped about being done with Bible Overview for this week and getting to the homework for music that is looming over my head for another class tomorrow.

Much Love. Be Blessed.
Kristyn
Matt 16:24-25

No comments: