28 July 2008

Blink

**This blog is inspired by a blog friend of mine. Read her blog; its a beautiful picture of motherhood, and trying to understand who God is. Be prepared to cry, laugh, and morn right along side of her. Audrey Caroline**
Blink

Taking a mental picture of a moment knowing that you will probably never get it back again in life. Taking the time to realize the beauty of each moment, and know that so often they only come once. They were some easy moments; some times they were really hard moments. But they defined me; they mark a time of change, a moment that will forever be a part of my memories.

Walking down the sidewalk with Matt, telling him about the World Race and what God was doing. Having him respond with “I want ‘my team’ here” but understanding why I need to go.

Blink.

Reading a letter from my dad with “I love you” at the bottom.

Blink.

Seeing a picture of Lillian and realizing in less than 2 months she will be in the world, wanting to protect her, but also let her see the world at the same time. Falling in love with something that is only a picture that I can hold right now.

Blink.

A text from Ashley that says I love you. If she only realized how much I needed that.

Blink.

Struggling to get a normal family picture whenever we go get them taken.

Blink.

When Dana came up to Birmingham for Taryn and Herbie’s wedding, shopping, going to the wedding, and running after. Realizing what a beautiful friend I have in her. A sister that God never gave me.

Blink.

Walking down the hallway at Cathedral with one of the Basement Crew; it doesn’t matter who it is, but talking just of life, of the unknowns, and faith in Christ. Never realizing how big of a thing we really are apart of, just focused on doing what we are supposed to do. But knowing that what we are doing is changing the world.

Blink.

Finding a bumper sticker that only Dana would understand and sending it to her.

Blink.

Hearing from an old friend and reconnecting, realizing I has just thought about her the day before.

Blink.

My first night at the dorms by myself, feeling so alone, not realizing what amazing friends were going to come from college.

Blink.

Struggling through my first semester at Southeastern, hating life, and having God do an amazing work in my life over that semester.

Blink.

Walking across the stage at graduation in 2005, pretty sure that Dad was going to light my gown on fire with the candle.

Blink.

Meeting Mercy, having her stay on my head all day, and wishing she could have been my own child.

Blink.

Walking on the jet way in Entebbe, saying do you realize that we’re in Africa now? I feel in love that day with a continent that will always be a part of my heart. And little did I realize how much a country would change me.

Blink.

Watching the sunrise after a day of being sick at Telling the Truth rescue unit. Its like God was painting a picture just for me that day.

Blink.

Breaking my arm on the well arm in Uganda, passing out, and the awful hospital visit.

Blink.

Hanging upside down in the car, deciding whether to give up right there, or fight. And deciding to fight.

Blink.

Talking with Jason for the first time about working at CrossPoint, and the moments that followed and the time I spent there.

Blink.


This will be updated later this week with more moments that are just like those posted and some pictures of those moments, but I wanted to get this put up.

No comments: