04 February 2008

Seeing Beauty In What the World Deems Ugly.

Seeing Beauty in the little things. Seeing beauty in the things that really don’t make sense. Seeing it in the face that our lives aren’t perfect. Seeing that Jesus really is reigning in this city like no other. Seeing that Birmingham is waking up to revival. We packed out the BJCC on Saturday with Christian artists. They were turning people away at the door. They couldn’t get in. There were tons of people there. Different walks of life. Different ages. It’s been so cool to see that Jesus is really doing something in here. I saw people who shouldn’t be alive there, myself included. It drives me to share the gospel. It drives me to saw that people from many walks of life are searching for Jesus. It forces me out of my comfort zone. Justin Standridge said three nights ago that at any time God could use someone else to share the gospel. That God could decide to take us away from WhoSoEver Ministries. It hit me that this is an honor rather than an obligation. Not saying that there aren’t days or events that I feel like it s job; but when you realize what Jesus did, and why he came, that we can find joy in the fact that we GET to serve and be used by him. I can’t say without wondering that Jesus didn’t ever feel like he was doing his “job”. I think that he did; and I don’t feel like I’m sinning because of it.
I talked to a lady two nights ago at Winter Jam that asked me this: “What made you turn from your old way of life?” In joy I was able to tell her that Jesus is the reason that I was able to do that. And that he was the only way that I was able to do that. He saved me from the pit of hell. He brought me out of the pit of despair and back into his marvelous light. The beauty of being saved from my sin. The beauty of the fact that I have my mind made up that this life isn’t over. The grave doesn’t have a hold on me. I might be dead on the way home and die. The death rate is 100%. Everyone in all of history died, Jesus included. Dying is something is beautiful if you are looking for the beauty in it. Beauty is not something that isn’t there; we just fail to see it. Keep looking for beauty friends. You will see it if you look hard enough. Keep looking for it.

What is beautiful?
Death
Disease
People
Jesus
Grace
Love
Annoying Habits
Wildlife
Culture
Travelling
Seeing People Give Their Lives to Jesus
Church with all its faults
Family
Technology
Alive Things
Noise
Voices
Laughter
Children
Teenagers
Mountains
Parents
College Students

And the list goes on and on.
Just look for it.

No comments: